Environmental Hearing Board
The Environmental Hearing Board Rules Committee
The Environmental Hearing Board Act, Act of July 13, 1988, P.L. 530, as amended, 35 P.S. §§ 7511-7516, established the Environmental Hearing Board Rules Committee. The Committee consists of nine attorneys who are in good standing before the Bar of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and who have practiced before the Board for a minimum of three years or who have comparable experience. 35 P.S. § 7515(a).
The membership shall consist of the following appointments- One member by the President pro tempore
- One member by the Minority Leader of the Senate
- One member by the Speaker of the House of Representatives
- One member by the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives
- One member by the Chairman of the Citizens Advisory Counsel to the Department of Environmental Protection
- Two members by the Governor, upon the advice of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Two members by the Secretary of the Department of Environmental Protection
The members shall serve two year terms and may be reappointed for additional terms. Id.
The Committee reviews and makes recommendations to the Board regarding the procedural rules for matters brought before the Board. 35 P.S. § 7515(c).